1. Chore: Everyone in the family should have chores to do to help support the family!
- Mother, Father, Children, and anyone else who lives in the household.
- If you are a part of the family, you should help and that is that; No if's, and's, or but's.
- No one should have to do all the work while others sit on their... DUPA.
- Start early, 4 years old is a good age to start.
Treat them like an employee!
- Take the time to teach them how to do it correctly
- Expect them to do it wrong and expect it to make more work for you
- No matter what, tell them what a good job they are doing! Because eventually, they will do it right and be a help! They will like helping you!
- By the time they graduate from High School, they should know how to do everything in the house, including Laundry, Bathrooms, Making dinner, Handling money, Saving money, Balancing a checkbook, Managing a credit card, and living within your own means and not spending money you don't have. So if they had to, they could live on their own and survive.
2. Allowances: An allowance is given to teach your child how to handle money responsibly.
- It should NOT be connected to chores!!!
If you believe in giving an allowance:
- You should give it to them regularly(i.e. weekly)
- Take them directly to the bank
- Set up an account and deposit the money into it AND show them how to watch it grow
- They can take it out only for important events: birthdays, etc. but do not let them blow it on junk.
3. It is okay to pay your children to do large jobs around the house, like: cleaning the garage, cleaning the basement, mowing the lawn, painting a room or even painting the house.